SPA Prof. Manuel Cortés Castañeda’s essay published in Theory in Action Journal.
Congratulations to EKU Spanish Associate Professor Manuel Cortés-Castañeda, who’s essay "Espejos, contradicciones y paradojas en Los espejos comunicantes, de Óscar Hahn" will be featured in the in October 2020 Special Edition: Mirrors and Labyrinths in Literature, of Theory in Action Journal, the publication for Transformative Studies Institute.
You can find this essay here: http://transformativestudies.org/wp-content/uploads/10.3798tia.1937-0237.2052.pdf
In addition to his role as Spanish Studies Coordinator, advisor, and associate professor of Spanish studies at EKU, Mr. Cortés-Castañeda writes poetry, short stories, and essays on poetry and film. He has published seven books:
- Cosas de fantasmas (Ghost Business, Mexico, 2017)
- Clic (Click, México, 2005)
- Aperitivos (Aperitives, Mexico, 2004)
- El espejo del otro (The Mirrored Other, Bogotá & Paris, 1998)
- Caja de iniquidades (Den of Iniquities, Chile, 1995)
- Prohibido fijar avisos (Post No Bills, Madrid, 1991)
- Trazos al margen (Notes in the Margin, Madrid, 1990)
He has also been included in various anthologies:
- Delitos menores (Colombia, 2006)
- Oglinda Celuilalt, Cluj-Napoca, Editura Casa Cărţii de Ştiinţă, translated into Romanian by Rodica Grigore, 2006)
- Trayecto contiguo (Parallel Paths, Spain, 1994)
- Los pasajeros del Arca (Travellers of the Ark, Argentina, 1994)
- Libro de bitácora (Ship’s Log, Argentina, 1996)
- Donde mora el amor (Where Love Abides, Argentina, 1997).
He has published many essays about Hispanic literature, in various journals:
- Imagen (Venezuela)
- Con-textos (Colombia)
- ANQ: A Quarterly Journal of Short Articles, Notes, and Reviews (Washington, U.S.A.).
TSI, founded in 2007, is a fully-volunteer educational think tank managed and operated by a global team of scholar-activists, grassroots activists, and the concerned public to publish independent peer-reviewed articles and proposals. They strive to be a safe open space for informed dialogue to propose solutions promoting social justice without retaliations and reprisals.
Published on September 16, 2020