Five Hundred Million People Speak Spanish Around the Globe.
Every area of daily life and career opportunities can be enhanced by the study of Spanish:
- Medical and service fields
- Manufacturing and business
- Police and military
- Retail and art fields
- Social services and education
- Television, movie, and journalism media
- Agriculture and environmental conservation
- Telecommunications and computer software
All these fields and more are directly affected by the Hispanic world. Many students take a double major of Spanish and Business!
- Retro-Credit - If you have previous studies in Spanish before college, you can start at a higher level and earn additional credit hours for no extra time or money! For example, if you have taken 2 years of HS Spanish and start your EKU studies in SPA 102 and receive an "A", you will receive an additional 3 credit hours for SPA 101.
- CLEP Tests/ Advanced Placement (AP) / Departmental Exams- Test out or up to a higher level and save time and money! (LCH Dept. Exams cover SPA 101-206)
- Spanish Studies fulfills General Education Requirements! - SPA courses can help you fulfill Gen. Ed. requirements, no matter that your degree program is! (Please be aware that SPA 101-202 are not open to native speakers)
If you have questions regarding adding SPA as a major, what class you should begin your studies in, or other topics, contact:
Manuel Cortés-Castañeda, Spanish Studies Section Coordinator, 859-622-1536, McCreary Hall, Tower A, Room 215
Socorro Zaragoza, Spanish Studies Advisor, (859) 622-6435, McCreary Hall, Tower A, Room 213