The Department of Languages, Cultures, and Humanities provides a large number of diversity and cultural learning opportunities for students, faculty/staff, and the university & regional community on an annual basis.
In order to do this, LCUH utilizes donated funds from the following accounts:
- Foreign Languages Development Fund - general fund used for annual events such as the Hispanic Heritage Month, Oktoberfest, Mardi Gras, and the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Humanities Development Fund - general fund for hosting special lecturers, art exhibits, and events such as field trips to regional museums.
- The Virginia N. Parrish Study Abroad Scholarship - for EKU Undergraduate Foreign Language or Comparative Humanities students studying abroad.
- The French Study Abroad Scholarship -for EKU Undergraduate French Language program students studying abroad.
- The Boyd/Frieda German Study Abroad Scholarship - for EKU Undergraduate German Language program students studying abroad.
Giving to The Eastern Fund allows you to have a direct impact on the area(s) of campus you choose to support - Just indicate your designation when you make your gift. Be sure to indicate the Languages, Cultures, and Humanities account to which you wish to donate. Unspecified donations will go to the Eastern general fund.
You may make your gift by:
- click on the GIVE NOW button: http://development.eku.edu/
- In person at the Development Office, Jones Building, room 324
- Mail: Development Office, Jones CPO 19A, 521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, KY 40475
Remember your gift is tax deductible within the extent of the law.
If you've already given to Eastern, we thank you!